Early Morning Coffee in RDU with BabeThomHerman - No matter what time of day, Coffee/Sports are a great combo!
My Blog

Redskins Have The Edge

bev.

For the first in their past 10 meetings, the Washington Redskins are a three-point favorite over the Dallas Cowboys. And that three-point spread favoring the Redskins is what makes Sunday night’s game feel like an unofficial playoff game.

The Redskins are riding a full steam six-game win streak. And if they can win their seventh in a row, their prize will be sitting atop the NFC East. But Dallas had a heartbreaker at home last week when the team lost to the New Orleans Saints in overtime. Though before that loss, Dallas had won five of its past seven games.

Still, even with five wins out of the Cowboys’ past seven games, if they lose to the Redskins, they’re out. However, if the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears lose, the Redskins will make the playoffs even if they don’t beat Dallas. So it’s a win-win situation for the Redskins. But with that said, I’m sure the Redskins have their eye on the official win that clinches the NFC East.

Washington will play with heart and determination regardless of what happens with the Minnesota and Chicago games. Because Washington’s goal is to single-handedly knock out Dallas and clinch the NFC East.

The excitement of Sunday night’s game is electrifying. The rivalry between the two teams is historical and this time it’s all about the Redskins being the favorite. And because you can’t talk about the Redskins without mentioning RG3, I would be remiss to say that this rookie quarterback is deserving of a heartfelt win. What better way to reach the pinnacle of a successful rookie season than to clinch your division and take your team to the playoffs?

RG3 has been sensational all season. He has set new standards for rookie quarterbacks. They will be judged based on talent, leadership and star power. And if he brings his complete A-game tonight, he’ll break the single-season NFL record for rookie passer rating, set by Ben Roethlislberger in 2004.

I wholeheartedly believe the hype. The Redskins will take the NFC East which will make the NFC playoff games all the more interesting.

Beverly Vereen: Social Media Editor. Feature Writer. SportsAnalyst. Photographer. Publicist. And a Jack Daniels connoisseur. She graduated from the University of NorthCarolina and is a native of North Carolina. She currently resides in Charlotte. Follow her on twitter @iwritergirl. just click on button.

6 Comments to Redskins Have The Edge:

Comments RSS
sportdiva on Monday, December 31, 2012 8:41 AM
Washington is in and RG3 is for real.. Love the way he plays his game .. Congrats to the SKINS fan on their win !!
Reply to comment

Scott on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 2:47 AM
I am not a fan of theirs but good to see them win the NFC East. Great reading!
Reply to comment

Johnny Guarente on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 3:55 PM
Bev, another WONDERFUL article :))) You are the BOMB :)
Reply to comment

Summer on Sunday, January 06, 2013 10:37 PM
Great article Beverly.
Reply to comment

china tour package on Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:01 PM
I must express some thanks to you just for bailing me out of this condition. Right after researching throughout the internet and meeting ways that were not helpful, I figured my life was over. Living minus the answers to the issues you've resolved through your guideline is a crucial case, and the kind that might have badly damaged my entire career if I had not noticed your web blog. Your main competence and kindness in controlling everything was very useful. I don't know what I would have done if I had not discovered such a point like this. I'm able to now look forward to my future. Thanks so much for the specialized and sensible guide. I won't hesitate to refer your web page to any individual who should have guidelines about this subject.
Reply to comment

cross bracelet on Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:26 AM
Fantastic items from you, man. I've remember your stuff previous to and you're simply extremely great. I really like what you've acquired right here, certainly like what you're saying and the best way in which you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a great web site.
Reply to comment