Early Morning Coffee in RDU with BabeThomHerman - No matter what time of day, Coffee/Sports are a great combo!
My Blog

Football Withdrawal

bev
Immediately following Super Bowl and the football highlights on ESPN, I start having withdrawal symptoms.  Gone are my ritual Sunday pre-game shows.  Gone is my commute to the stadium to watch a live NFL game at Bank of America stadium.  And I would be remiss to not mention the end of Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games.  Ugh.  Just the thought of having to wait until next year to experience it all again makes me feel a shot to the heart.

The only thing that curbs the football withdrawal is the coverage of college hoops and the NBA.  However, when those seasons have passed, I’m pulled right back into the football black hole.  I log into NFL.com daily to read about recent team coverage.  But it’s not the same until preseason starts and you get a feel for who’s in and who’s out for different teams.  And then there’s the drama that is always unfolding.  For instance, this preseason was all about Chad Ochocino and Terrell Owens.  I don’t think anyone expected either of them to have stellar seasons.  And with their unsavory pasts, few people were surprised that the two players both went bust on the football radar.

That was preseason, now it’s time for regular season.  And, alas, the wait is over.  The 2012-2013 has begun and I am having a football moment, complete with chicken wings, celery and a glass of Jack Daniels and Coke.  I’ve just completed my Fantasy Football League, it’s so much fun.  And now I’m ready to catch up on “Around the Horn” and “PTI.”  (Yeah, I watch these shows year round, but they’re much more entertaining during football season).  I meant to watch “First Take,” but went to the mall instead to purchase my Cam Newton jersey (more on that in a minute).

Anyway, ESPN makes my day, it’s my favorite channel, and I don’t know what I would do without the top play shows of the football games.  I watch Sports Center religiously to catch that segment.  I also love watching all the pre-game shows, flipping back and forth to catch which commentator has the most interesting thing to say about the upcoming games.

Now that the leaves are changed and the fall weather is coming towards Charlotte, I’m in the football mood.  I have my Cam Newton jersey to wear to all the home games.  The first appearance will be at the Saints-Panthers game on Sept. 16.  I will definitely be in the crowd.  Although I try to attend all Panthers home games, sometimes I can’t.  And that’s where my living room comes in handy.

There’s just something about relaxing in front of the television, watching one game after the next, cheering for your favorite team to make that winning drive.  And when your team isn’t winning, well there’s always solace in the fact that playoffs will soon be around the corner.

Beverly Vereen: Social Media Editor. Feature Writer. SportsAnalyst. Photographer. Publicist. And a Jack Daniels connoisseur. She graduated from the University of NorthCarolina and is a native of North Carolina. She currently resides in Charlotte. Follow her on twitter @iwritergirl. just click on button.

14 Comments to Football Withdrawal:

Comments RSS
John Guarente on Saturday, September 08, 2012 2:22 PM
Bev, this reflects almost 80 percent of the USA I believe.. Soooooo true... Great Column and blog :)Got My fantasy team ready as well, cant wait for tommorow :)

Jerry on Saturday, September 08, 2012 6:53 PM
Go Eagles!

sportsdiva on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:38 PM
Steelernation it is !!

Josh Grasser on Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:27 AM
Lovely blog about the football withdrawal! whatever you have written up in this blog about the football withdrawal all are very true as well. So keep it up! Thanks

houston tickets on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:09 AM
Awesome article! I had little idea about the football withdraw but after reading your content I've found sufficient information about it. Pleased to read about it. Thanks for this allocation.

NCAA Football Picks on Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:40 AM
Great blog for everybody.I like this post and appreciate your nice offer. So you should give up any more information about this. Thanks for sharing.

essay writer on Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:31 AM
individual paragraph should be focused on a single idea that supports your thesis. Begin paragraphs with topic sentences, support assertions with evidence, and expound your ideas in the clearest, most sensible way you can. Speak to your reader as if he or she were sitting in front of you. In other words, instead of writing the essay, try talking the essay.

hotel in jaipur on Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:57 AM

Cutter Thresher Manufacturer in Jaipur1 on Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:37 AM

seo services jaipur on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:30 AM
I can fully understand your working hard.

Seo Expert Services In Jaipur on Monday, August 19, 2013 6:35 AM
Thanks for sharing..

fashion designing institute in jaipur on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 4:55 AM
Gurukul institution is the leading and the topmost Fashion Designing Institute in jaipur which has a global recognition throughout the world.”Take Admission Now

fashion designing in jaipur on Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:35 PM

cricketnext on Friday, March 14, 2014 4:36 AM
Analysts expect that almost $1 billion will be bet on the 2010 Football World Cup during the tournament as football fans look to turn their knowledge of the beautiful game into profits in the Football World Cup betting markets. Despite the fortune that will be bet on World Cup odds, there are many more football fans who would like to bet on the tournament but feel intimidated by the prospect of using an online bookmaker and placing bets on the internet.